Thursday, August 13, 2009

If I can't grow the real thing...

For some reason my strawberry plants aren't producing fruit. They get plenty of flowers and then little teeny tiny green strawberry bud-lings. Then they fizzle and turn brown. What is up with that?

Since I've been sick I haven't felt like doing much. Sewing makes me feel like I'm doing something semi productive. Because I've been stitching small designs like this, I can finish them quickly and get the satisfaction of completing something. I picked this design cause these little strawberries make me smile. (Seriously, can you look at them and not grin?)

Their faces were a pain to stitch because I used Aida instead of evenweave or linen. Aida was the only stitching fabric I had that wasn't some shade of tan. As you can see, this pattern is more seasonally appropriate that the previous one I made. That must mean I'm feeling better. Just tell that to my lungs ok?

Design: March-Smiling Strawberries from Vermillion Stitchery's 2007 Design Potpourri Series

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!