Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The most famous Basil

The things you find on the internet! My favorite cross stitch designer is Teresa Wentzler of TW Designworks. I was farting around on her website, looking for an update on a pattern she had been designing called Illuminata. I didn't find anything about the design, but I did find this.

I submitted it at least 6 years ago. At the time, she said that she was having issues with her website and couldn't upload it to her site. I checked every so often to see if her site had been updated. After a while I stopped checking, and forgot about it until today!

The rules behind the submission were that it had to be your own original design and the finished dimensions of the stitched piece had to be one inch by one inch. I remember agonizing over the whole thing because I couldn't chart up the design small enough. Then there were the teeny tiny stitches. What can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment.

It's so funny to see that little stitching of one of my cats. I can tell the design is old because Basil still has a bit of a kitten look to him. He's such an old man now. Don't tell him he's famous, he'll get even more full of himself than he already is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!