Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Drunk Pork Chops

I have been doing a bit of cleaning in my freezer making sure that some of the meat in there gets used before it goes bad.  It's sort of like shopping in your own kitchen.  To my surprise, I discovered three boneless thick cut pork chops!

This recipe from Rumbly in my Tummy for Drunk Pork Chops sounded like it would be fun to try.  We like cooking with beer, and Mrblocko got two six packs of Indio beer for free over Christmas.  (Heinekin has an office branch in the building he works in and every year they pass out a new brew.)

For some reason the chops didn't want to cook.  Because they were handled more than they should have the breading started to fall off.  What a bummer!  That's my favorite part.

Mrblocko and Blockette thought the chops were great.  Mrblocko even laddled the sauce over his mashed potatoes.

 And me...well...the sauce tasted ok.  Which was odd, because I thought it smelled bad.  Specifically, I thought it had that musky ammonia sent of cat pee. 

I'm sure this was some freaky thing of nature.  And my own broken-ness.  I repeatedly asked Mrblocko if he thought it smelled off.  He thought it smelled just fine. 

I can't figure out what the deal was.  I mean the ingredients in the sauce are pretty much the same things in certain BBQ sauce.  And I Like BBQ sauce.  It had to have been me.  Maybe my hormones were wild and crazy?  Maybe it's this cold that won't go away?  A Full Moon?  A case of the crazies?  I don't know.  I DO know if Blockette thought something smelled funky she would not have kept her opinion to herself!

Drunk Chops from Rumbly in my Tummy
5-6 pork chops- bone-in or boneless,- I used 3 thick cut boneless
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup of flour
1 bottle of beer
 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup ketchup
1 chicken bouillion cube
1 tsp hot sauce *to taste

Put a little bit of extra virgin olive oil in the bottom of a skillet. Combine the flour with the salt and pepper, dip each chop in the mixture, and place into the skillet to brown both sides.

While pork chops are browning, combine beer, ketchup, bouillion, hot sauce, and brown sugar in a bowl. Pour sauce mixture over the pork chops and simmer for 40-45 minutes.

Serve over mashed potatoes or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!