Friday, January 11, 2013

Lower Sugar Pumpkin Mug Cake

Back in November I made this pumpkin mug brownie. The only bad thing about it was it was so sweet.  I wondered how it would taste if I cut the sugar in half.
Answer?

Delicious!

I'll be making the reduced sugar version from now on.

Then I got curious about a white chocolate version...             
The first time didn't work out so well.  I used whole wheat flour, didn't have enough pumpkin, and over baked it.

It was Ok, but on the dry side.  Definitely not a version I'd make again.

The second attempt was much better. 

I used maple syrup instead of brown sugar, and unbleached flour instead of whole wheat.  I also only microwaved it for 45 seconds instead of a full minute.  I was pretty leery of overcooking it again, it wasn't quite set up like cake.  It was more like a warm pudding.  Which was really amazing.  Think gooey crustless pumpkin pie.  I think I like this version better than the chocolate one!

Revised Low Sugar Chocolate Pumpkin Mug-o-Brownie
2T br sugar
1/4c flour
2T cocoa powder
2T pumpkin
2T milk
1T chips
1/2t each pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon
pinch of salt

Combine all ingredients in a small mug or ramekin and microwave for 45-60 seconds

White Chocolate Chip Mug Pudding Cake
2T maple or pancake syrup
1/4c flour
2T pumplkin
2T milk
1/2t each pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon
pinch of salt
1-3 T white chocolate chips

Combine all ingredients in a small mug or ramekin and microwave for 45-60 seconds


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!